Thursday, August 13, 2009

Entrecard:No more credits for blog posts / Promoting itself on our blogs!

Just came across this badge on some of the blogs which seem not to approve their ads on time or which have at the moment no ads running. When you click on it, it will re-direct you to Entrecard, seems to be the new in-house ads



Let's hope we get some new members in the near future!


Another (bad) news which was announced yesterday in the Forum (i think it would be better and more transparent if Ziprunner would announce this in their blog!):

Hi everyone,

There was a bug in our software regarding the credits given for blog post so it is temporary disabled until further notice. The bug benefited most of our users because it gave many users extra credits to their account. Instead of taking the credits back, it will be disabled until further notice. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.
Source: EntreCard Forum

Follow this link to submit your sponsorship of The 1 Million-EC-Free Traffic-Contest in the EntreCard Forum (registration is easy and takes less than five minutes, just activate afterwards the account with the link in the received e-mail!).

4 comments:

  1. I have 12 approved ads in queue and that exact Entrecard ad ran for about 15 minutes this morning on my blog (I mentioned it in the forums this morning). I'm not sure if I am for or against this Entrecard self-promotion, but it would be nice if Entrecard would let us know before running an Entrecard advertisement on our blogs without our knowledge. It's the lack of communication that's a big part of driving bloggers away from Entrecard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've noticed this also but it didn't bother me too much. Entrecard is free and if they want to advertise themselves I don't have a problem with it, at least not at the moment. Thanks for this post!

    Friends 4 Life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure I understand. Did they make an announcement that no more credit would be given for blog posts? Thats what your title says; but then you didn't address that in your post. I often have trouble signing into the forums so don't go there much, and didn't see anything listed on the dashboard area where often announcements are.

    Seems inappropriate of them to put their widget on our blogs without our approval, and unnecessary. After all, we're advertising for them anyway with our widgets. The border or side area depending on the style people have chosen shows it's EntreCard...anyone and everyone can click on it and go to their sign up page, so whats the point of them replacing approved adverts with theirs?

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would've mind the changes if that was communicated prior to implementation.

    Anyway, I just hope that they will still credit bloggers for their posts. I for one, would appreciate it because it will motivate me to update my blog even if there were only few adverts lined up on one of my blogs.

    Nhil
    http://www.random-surprises.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin