Image via WikipediaIn the first parts of the series "Save your Dollars, use less $ and get more!" we have a look in our kitchen.
There are many things which we can use less, more or just utilize in a better way so that we have at the end of the month much more money left for savings, repayment of debts or for other urgent expenses!
Is your fridge full or empty?
On the picture you can see a fridge which is not at all fully utilized. This means it seems to be more empty than full.
A empty fridge costs you a lot of money when we count the daily electricity.
It's better to have the fridge full because
- it needs more energy to cool down only a few items
- items which are already cooled down help in cooling down the new items faster which will save you energy!
- To start saving electricity put some frozen ice in plastic containers or just some jugs with 75% filled up water in the back of your fridge. This will help your fridge to maintain it's low temperature longer and easier - save up to 50% energy.
- Use this technique for your freezer, too. So you can save the double amount :)
Get more milk in the dry appearance!
Can we really save money and space when we exchange the bottle of milk with MILK POWDER?
- Yes, you can store the Milk powder in an airtight container and it's expiry date is usually several months instead of just a few weeks for bottled milk.
- It is a cheaper solution as Milk powder costs you around 50% less when you buy it in the medium size package (1+ kg which equals around 10 liter if you use the reduced fat milk, full cream milk gives you around 8 liter of milk)
- You don't need to carry so much milk and buy it so often when you have the Milk powder in your cupboard.
- Put just two or three spoons of Milk powder in a cup and pour it with 200 ml water - ready to drink!
Do you like to add something?
If so, write a comment and get a link back to your blog when i use your tip in "Reader's solution to Save your Dollars, use less $ and get more!"